Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One Less

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I should do and, with the help of God, I will do." ~ Edward Hale

I cannot tell you the exact day it happened, but it did. God began working on my heart about all the little ones waiting for a family in China. I was certain it was just me, but He was working on Joe, too.

And so, the wrestling match began. And the praying. And the wrestling.

And then the gift.

We have a daughter waiting for us in China. "Little K" has captured our hearts, & when we heard she "likes busy places with lots of people"...well, that's our family. God has already shown up in lots of amazing ways, but I'll save the details for another time b/c I know you just want to see our baby girl (especially you poor friends that I teased on FB!). And yes, she's still a baby as she's only 7 months older than Kendi.






I certainly hope that whatever she has in her mouth in this last picture was yummy...lol! (And I have no idea why the first pictures are so tiny!)

Thanks for sharing in our excitement!!
Please pray for us & for the daunting paperwork process that lies ahead. Most importantly, pray for our sweet girl, that her heart has hope & is already being prepared for her family.

18 comments:

Amy said...

SO HAPPY for your beautiful China Doll and SO HAPPY for your family!

Jill said...

Congratulations on your new baby! You are such an inspiration!

Laurel said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear more details ... but the pics are adorable.

:) :) :)

Unknown said...

Love, love, LOVE!!!

Shonni said...

Oh my gosh!! I am so happy for you!! Congratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

NANCY said...

Wow! You are an amazing family and she is gorgeous! And....Christie didn't even tell me lol!

Will be praying for all of you!

Nikki said...

Love this... praying for the process to move quickly so you can bring her home ASAP! :)

Unknown said...

So happy for your family and for this little sweetheart. Congrats!

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, friend, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am totally rejoicing with you. woooohoooooo.

Kasey said...

Praising God!! She is just adorable! Continuing to pray for you on your journey to your newest blessing!! :)

Nicole said...

YEAH!!!!

:-)
HUGS,
-Nicole

Jenn said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a treasure!!

Kimmie said...

She is beautiful...congratulations and may He hold you until you can all hold each other ever so tightly.

Be blessed in the journey to your girl.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Sophie said...

congratulations, she is beautiful

Donna said...

Congratulations!!

Sharon said...

My computer wouldn't let me comment the other day....but I am SO thrilled for you!!! I am again inspired by your obedience and your energy. Can I come be your next door neighbor and just soak in some of your wisdom?

Dardi said...

Sharon, there's a house for sale next door! Not sure there's a ton of wisdom flying around, but the entertainment abounds! ;o)

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD HOW EXCITING! She is gorgeous! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to find out what the next K name will be! :) It's getting harder and harder for us. hee hee