Thursday, September 6, 2012

a year later

About this time last year, I wrote this post about acknowledging the wounds of our children & making parenting decisions accordingly.  I can't believe it's been a year, but I thought I'd give an update on what things look like for Miss Kaya after spending another year at home instead of going to preschool last year.

Things are looking good.  For real.  My heart is so happy for our precious girl as she seems to have grown in security & confidence over this last year.  She had two awesome experiences in a bible school setting over the summer & has been bursting with excitement about starting preschool.  We did our home visit (same teachers that she was going to have last year), went to open house, & then off we went!



How appropriate that the theme is royalty. :)



I'm a planner.  I like to know the plan.  If something doesn't go according to plan, I want to know the plan for that.  Obviously, I had to let that go.  I must admit that traveling this road feels like I'm driving blind sometimes, but we turn corners & seem to appreciate where we're going so much more.  I have been literally giddy at her excitement b/c I know that I am witnessing firsthand that He makes all things new.



Kaya continues to bless us as she blossoms more & more.  Just this last weekend, we walked past the jewelry store & she asked to get her ears pierced!  Yes, she did!!  Not one tear, but lots of smiles!  This girl is full of surprises, & we are so proud of her!  We may not have "the plan", but we've learned a valuable lesson through this about trusting her cues & our parental instincts (which are God-given) where our children are concerned.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Such a beautiful, happy girl:)