Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Prayer for Little Man

We are three days away from our 2nd court date for our Little Man. We are so hoping for the "thumbs up" this time so that we can begin the next leg of this journey to bring our son home. We wait, and we hope.

Lord,

I come to You in Jesus' name & give "Little Man" to You. I'm convinced that You alone know what is best for him. You alone know what he needs. I release him to You to care for and protect, & I commit myself to pray for everything concerning him that I can think of or that You put upon my heart. Teach me how to pray & guide me in what to pray about. Help me not to impose my own will when I'm praying for him, but rather enable me to pray that Your will be done in his life.

Thank You, Lord, for the precious gift of this child. Because Your Word says that every good gift comes from You, I know that You are giving him to me to care for & raise. Enable me to release him to Your protection & guidance always. Help me not to live in fear of possible dangers, but in the joy & peace of knowing that You are in control. I rely on You for everything, & this day I trust my child to You & release him into Your hands.**

~Amen

**Most of this prayer is taken from "Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian. If you don't have this book, I highly recommend it. I find that when my heart is so full for my children & I struggle with finding the words to lift in prayer, I can always find just the right words & scripture here. There are many things we pray for our Little Man right now, but I found that this prayer of surrender to be most relevant as I am reminded that God loves each of my children even more than I do. Love ~ Dardi

6 comments:

Wanda said...

Just popped over from Stephies blog. (And I think I've been here before - certainly seen your profile around.)

Just wanted you to know that you are being thought of and prayed for. Hopeing and praying this week holds the news you you all have been waiting for.

I look forward to popping in later this week for the good news!!

Wanda

Kimmie said...

Sending a hug and praying with you sweet Dardi.

xoxo
Kimmie

Unknown said...

Praying for you and "Little Man" today. Can't wait for the "thumbs up" and to see pictures! God's timing is always perfect!!

Love,
Christie

Adeye said...

Cannot wait to hear good news sooonnnnnnn!!!!!

Trusting with you, friend.

rrpr6 said...

"I cast all my cares upon you.. I lay all of my burdens down at your feet... and anytime I don't know what to do...... I will cast all my cares upon you.." Dardi - This is a little song that we sang with our big girls when they were young. It comes to mind as I think of you this week as you continue to be "at peace in the Lord". I admire your strength and continued faith walk. Pam Rider

Annie said...

Maya and I have been saying prayers for tomorrow's court date. can't wait to read the good news!!!