Tuesday, April 19, 2011

*~Six Months~*

Six months ago today, Kendi came into our family.

I'm not gonna lie, I've been pretty emotional the last several days.

************

Maybe it's because I think how close I came to missing out just because I started to let the doubts & fears of this world creep into my heart.

Maybe it's because I think of her birth mom & am so in awe that she CHOSE to give this little girl life when this world says you can choose something else.

Maybe it's because when I look at her, I see the love & trust I have for my husband. He loved me enough to tell me "no" to Ethiopia because God spoke to his heart & said something different. And I trusted him enough to let him take the lead.

Maybe it's because of the special bond she has with each & every one of her brothers & sisters.

And maybe it's because she's my daughter, she's 6 months old, & I just love her beyond words.













Kendi Hope, you are an amazing little girl, & we love you!!!!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Love seeing her pictures and your story! Happy 6 months!

NANCY said...

Wow...you are amazing parents. Love the pictures of little Miss Hollywood!

She is so beautiful, and I certainly know the love you are talking about.

Nancy

Karen said...

So beautiful! can't believe it's been 6 months already.

haralvarez said...

You're a great writer, Dardi. I see a book in your future!

Sharon said...

Dardi, I thought I commented yesterday, but I must have just poured over Kendi's pictures and forgot! She is just beautiful-you must spend all of you days kissing those sweet cheeks!

I am so thankful that you did not miss out on this amazing gift that God had for you in Kendi. Thank you for paving the way in obedience. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Some of these photos remind me of my little one soooo much! I think they kinda look alike in the eyes and smiles!!!
Such sweet words for her to read some day!

Amy said...

She is precious beyond words! God is just so amazing isn't He?? I loved the one of you with your littles surrounding you on the couch. PRECIOUS. :)

Unknown said...

Love this post!!! God is awesome, isn't he!?