Saturday, October 19, 2013

tomorrow is the day

In less than 24 hours, I will be running the streets of Columbus.  Truth be told, the feelings I have about this 26.2 are reminiscent of birthing a baby.  The date has been on the calendar for months, but now that "the day" is near, I feel the urge to do some serious back-peddling!  While I am so excited, know that I've put the time in, & daydream about *that* moment of finishing, I am anxious about the unknowns.  How long is it actually going to take?  At what point will it start to hurt?  How much will it hurt?  Do I have the grit to push past the hurt & keep going?
 
 
Trust your training, "they" say.  My training began 16 weeks ago, a couple weeks past when most started, but I was still rehabbing from a nasty hamstring injury, & this is when I got the go-ahead from my doctor.  But I found this 16-week plan that closely resembled one of the trusted 18-week plans, so I printed it out & hung it on the fridge.
 
 
My 2 oldest daughters sent me these 2 inspirational quotes this week.  They are perfect reminders that I do need to trust my training, but not just the physical training.  My training log shows the physical training miles I put in, but I need to remember that it also represents the mental training & prayers said.  It takes some type of will & heart to pull myself out of bed between 3:30 am-5:00 am, depending on the training of the day, to run X number of miles, most before the sun ever came up.
 
 
So, come tomorrow, I will pray for the confidence to run this race before me, knowing that I put in the work, trying to embrace & savor the moments.  If I should waiver, I will pray to refocus on thankfulness to God for all that He has taught me leading up to this day & ask Him to once again renew my courage to keep putting one foot in front of the other.
 
"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Dardi, when you hit that wall just picture me there on the sidelines screaming, "go girl! You can do it! Just a few more miles to go and you're there!!!" I wish I could be there in person. I've watched Matt finish several times and it's so emotional. I always cry when I see people run that last hundred feet to the finish. What a victory! We leave in just a couple weeks Matt to run the NYC marathon:) so I'm here for ya in spirit!!! You can SO do this!!!