Wednesday, March 26, 2014

kemeri's day

I am behind, but it's been a tough week.  I had fully intended to do a special birthday post for Kemeri's 4th birthday (which also signifies that she has now been with our family longer than she was without) & to give a brief update about how's she's been post-surgery, but I was caught off guard.  My grandma passed away unexpectedly just 2 months after my grandpa.  I think we are all still in a bit of shock...Grandma, like Grandpa, was actively involved in our lives, & there's just a big void with both of them being gone now.  I am deeply thankful to have been blessed with such wonderful grandparents & that my children have known great-grandparents.
 
Kemeri's birthday was a reminder to celebrate life & family just a day after losing Grandma.  We didn't get many pictures, but we enjoyed having my parents, my aunt & uncle, & Joe's mom here.  It was good to be together in the midst of hard.
 
 
 
 
 
The ginormous purple cast is still here.  It was actually supposed to be removed today, but Kemeri's appointment has been rescheduled for Monday due to the doctor being ill.  She has truly been a rockstar with that thing!  We are all ready for it to be gone, though, so we don't have to be on guard for fear of catching an inadvertent whack.  We also want to see how she has healed up!  I will post an update early next week...promise.
 
Finally, I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures of Kemeri with my grandma taken this past summer.  I never want to forget her ready smile & the true delight she had in her family.
 

 
Heartfelt thanks to those that have been checking in on our family, whether you knew what was going on or not (funny how people notice blogging absence). 
 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love that last picture- absolutely beautiful joy!

It's a Wonderful Life said...

Glad to hear from you. I am so sorry about the loss of your grandparents. It is so tough to lose someone close to you. We mourn with you.