Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: {17 Years}

I had really great intentions. I really did. Joe & I celebrated 17 years of being married yesterday...17 years!!! On one hand it seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye, and yet, it seems that he's always been a part of my life. I thought I might scan & post a picture from our wedding day. *sigh* It might be just as well that I didn't. I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to subject myself to the public humiliation of actually showing what I had done to my hair back then (anybody remember the mushroom cut? nuff said). Maybe I'll just save that precious gem for our 20th, so you'll just have to wait.

So many memories, but one in particular really sticks out this year. When Joe & I got married, I was part of a package. I had two little (very little) girls, which he later adopted. I remember saying to him that if the roles had been reversed, that I didn't think I would have looked twice at him because I wasn't sure I could love a child I hadn't given birth to. Can you just see God smirking & shaking His head at me? Truly, I have been blessed to walk this journey with a faith-filled husband who encourages me to look upward & then has held my hand over & over as we've taken leaps of faith together. We've had those moments where we've taken the "for worse" part of our vows for a test drive, but thankfully, we've been committed to enduring that scenery together knowing that we'd find better again.

Well, anyway, as I said before, I had great intentions of getting some fun pictures with my husband outside either yesterday or today. However, I have spent over 6 hours...6.HOURS...editing & typing a paper for his doctoral class (does that go in the "worse" category??) today, and yesterday (our actual anniversary) was supposed to be spent at the ball field watching Kade play baseball. When it got rained out, we opted for a super-glamorous celebration: pizza rolls & watching Tarzan with the kids. It was awesome! :o) And tonight when I realized that I still hadn't gotten a picture, we grabbed the camera & Kyler & headed out front. It was the only option since our living room has been invaded by teenagers & the littles were having a tough time settling in for bed, so this was it.....

No lip gloss, no fancy backgrounds, just us...just the way I like it! Because really, at the end of the day, we have each other, & that's a wonderful thing.

********************

To join in Sunday Snapshot and/or check out some other posts, click on the pic!

Ni Hao Y'all

11 comments:

Amy said...

SO SWEET. I LOVE the picture- missing lip gloss and all! ;) Happy Anniversary to a SUPER amazing couple who make the world so much better just by being in it. I miss you sweet friend- seriously, one of these days we have to quit playing phone tag!!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations on 17 years! You look wonderful together!

Tina Michelle said...

I love that pic! Congrats on making it 17 years together and here is to many, many more years together!

emariestar said...

Dardi - that is just wonderful! Congratulations!!! Beautiful marriage; beautiful couple. And I love reading your blog...so much of what you share is so close to my own heart.

p.s. June is a great month to get married - we'll be married 5 yrs on the 18th! =)

Laurel said...

Congrats!!!

Would love to see that pic from 17 years ago. :)

My sweet hubby and I will be celebrating our 28th this year. Wow!


Laurel :)

Stefanie said...

That IS a wonderful thing!! And yuou two are a beautiful couple :)
Happy 17 years together!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful life you have- baseball, pizza, Tarzan? Sounds like a perfect anniversary weekend to me!!

3 Peanuts said...

So beautiful! Happy Anniversary. I am not sure I have been here to your blog before but it sounds like you are living a beautiful God inspired life.

Rachel said...

Sweet post! Happy Anniversary - I think this is my first time visiting your blog - you have a beautiful family!

Annie said...

I think the picture is just beautiful! Happy Anniversary:)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary Dardi!! Just now getting updated on all my blogs.....
Hanna