Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Momma!

This is a blog takeover by her firstborn. She doesn't know I'm doing this. I figured she does birthday posts making all of us sound wonderful, but she never gets a blog post that tells how wonderful she is.

So, let's just start by saying that my mother is one of the most caring, selfless people to ever walk this earth. She always puts her children before her and she's always the first to hold their hand if they need a little bit of guidance. Trust me, I have 21 years of experience with this. She's always been there through the good, the bad, and the downright ugly, and that's everything you ever need in a momma. Even with eight children, she can always find time to listen to you. That's pretty special. I don't think I need to mention that she's special just for opening up her heart to children who need it most.



She always finds time to go to our "stuff." I can't think of anytime that my mom would not be at my activities. She finds time to juggle everything, and she somehow keeps track of it in a little planner that goes in her purse. I have a gigantic dry-erase calendar and it still doesn't work for me. She's crazy and we love knowing she'll come to support us at our activities. She'll always be our biggest cheerleader and biggest advocate. She's always got our backs and will always encourage us to do our best and fully commit to whatever we want to achieve in life.



Mom doesn't go without her "mommy-isms." I remember one time, my sister Kearsten and I were sitting and giggling on the steps, refusing to go to bed. My mom came and yelled at us, telling us to stop "sillying around." We laughed harder, having never heard that term. She ended up laughing too, trying to defend this odd choice of discipline words. My sister Kameryn is quick to point out Mom's lack of dance skill, as she is quick to jam out to music in front of Kameryn's friends. Luckily, I have had no experience with this, but she probably knows better. :-) She has a sense of humor. Glad she isn't so mean all of the time!!


Mom is crazy awesome, and I'm already lucky to know that she's becoming more of a friend to me as I get older. I think we'll keep her, only because she is kind of cool. ;-)


Happy Birthday Momma. You're the best person we could ever ask to care for us and prepare us to be the best we can be. You will always be special to us. We love you!!!!!! :-)



PS Don't be mad at me for starting off with an old picture. At least you're not in gardening clothes!!

13 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday, Dardi!!!

Hope your day is BLESSED!


Laurel :)

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday, Dardi!

Amy said...

What an amazing gift from your oldest!!! Says so much about the kind of person you are!!! LOVE YOU!!! Happy Birthday- eat a big old piece of cake for me! :)

Deb said...

That is so sweet! You are loved Dardi. I know that you know it but how sweet the hear it expressed!

Sharon said...

Have a great birthday, Dardi! You are SO loved!

Sophie said...

What a precious post!

Happy birthday Dardi!!

Tina Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Dardi, Happy birthday to you! I hope you truly enjoy your day. Your sweet daughter was so special for making this post for you and I loved the older pic!

Jenn said...

I love it!!!! Happy, Happy Birthday!! Praying you are well celebrated today!!

Blessings,
Jenn

NANCY said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday Dardi! What a sweet, sweet posting for such a special person.

Enjoy every moment :o) Nancy

one + one said...

Love the 'sillying around'. LOL!
Happy birthday to a truly extraordinary woman.

Adeye said...

Oh that is just the sweetest thing ever!!!! How loved you are, my friend. Happy, happy birthday to you! I hope your day has been filled with love and joy and everything your heart desires.

You are a TREASURE!!!!!

lisamowilli said...

I've never officially met you, but I read your blog not only to see how K'tyo's smiling face, but because you are so inspiring!
Happy Birthday! Celebrate today!
Love Lisa W (mama to Basa)