Wednesday, June 5, 2013

our love has grit

Twenty years.

Joe & I have been married for 20 years!

On one hand, it seems to have gone by so fast, but then I look at everything we've walked through together--It is A LOT!!

In my devotional today it says, "...Throughout history, He has intervened in the course of human events in ways which can't be explained by science or human rationale.  God's miracles are not limited to special occasions, nor are they witnessed by a select few...".

If you are reading with the thought that it's gonna be all mushy-gushy, me trying to portray perfection...well, sorry.  Quite frankly, I get frustrated with that mode of operation.  The reality is that we have been through much in our 20 years together.  There are moments I wish I could get a "do-over" for...Some because I wish I could have done things different or never have had to experience at all; others because they were so wonderful.  We certainly have witnessed the Lord's hand in miraculous ways.  There are so many things we never could have imagined 20 years ago when we were just two people in love wanting to spend our lives together.

I am thankful that our love intertwined with commitment for the times that we have seemed to be limping along.  I am thankful that our love has grit & determination.  I am thankful that my tummy still flip-flops when I see his car coming around the corner.

Lord, I pray your continued blessing over our marriage & our family.  I pray for the miracles that have yet to be experienced...may we ever be mindful of Your amazing presence in the details.  I pray for the road that we continue to travel together.  Amen.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope your day is BLESSED!

Laurel :)

Rebecca said...

Happy anniversary!!