Tuesday, June 4, 2013

honored

I consider myself a fairly optimistic person.  I try, even in not-so-fun stuff, to find something positive.  

Yesterday, Miss Kemeri took a nasty tumble off of a kitchen chair (which she was not supposed to be climbing on with Miss Kendi), & by the time I got to the scene in the kitchen, there was blood EVERYWHERE.  After discovering quite a deep split in her lip, we were off to the ER.

Three hours & three stitches later . . .


. . . but I am thankful.  No, I'm not happy that she got hurt, but it was a huge reminder of what a blessing it is to be Mommy & Daddy.  In the midst of her pain & fear, she wanted Mommy & Daddy.  When she needed comfort, she wanted Mommy & Daddy.  When she was happy to be busting out of that joint, she wanted to be on her way with Mommy & Daddy.  Sometimes in the midst of the daily grind of life, it's easy to forget what a privilege it is to be a parent.  Adopted or not, these kiddos trust US to share their every hurt, their every struggle, & their every happiness with them.  In a culture that has become very "all about me", it's easy to forget that being a parent is truly an honor to be cherished in every moment.

No comments: