Friday, November 6, 2009

Pictures from Adoption Day


Feeling a little bashful, but safe with Daddy!
*
Hmm, this guy's not all bad...He's giving me something pink!
*





The Whole Gang
*


I love Kiki!!
*





Family Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory
*





CHEESECAKE!!!!
*






Special trip to Build-a-Bear...Rubbing my heart on my belly
*







Giving Bear a "Bath"
*








Loving my new bear, "Tu" (Everything seems to have the name "Tu" these days)
*
*
These are a few pictures from our adoption day (not the greatest pic quality...you'll have days like that!). We really enjoyed spending some special time together as a family. For someone that loves being the center of attention, Kaya was pretty bashful at the court hearing. I don't blame her...it's kind of intimidating! We enjoyed dinner out & then a trip to Build-a-Bear where we all put our "hearts" into her special bear. Fun day!!
*
*
We are looking forward to this Sunday. We have arranged to have Kaya dedicated in church, and being that it is Orphan Sunday, we felt it was an appropriate day. We are excited to share this time with family & friends that have walked this journey with us. Yay!!!
*
Be Blessed ~ Dardi








5 comments:

Robinsons said...

I had to laugh when I read this post! We went to Build a Bear after Faith's adoption. Our lives run parallel in so many ways! I do believe this friendship is God-ordained:)

rrpr6 said...

I am so touched and thankful for your happy ending! I regret not being able to attend your celebration on Sunday, Orphan Sunday ............what an incredible day to have such a momentous occassion! The Lord continues to provide the right moment and time for HIS light to shine in your lives for others to see!! I stand amazed and beyond thankful for such a celebration!
Kaya Ashley Faith is gorgeous!! What a blessing in your lives!
Psalm 16:11 "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Amen, Pam

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet little treasure you have! She is absolutely adorable--hand-picked by the Father JUST for your family. How blessed you are. The miracle of adoption.

Loved seeing all the sweet pics.

CONGRATS!
Adeye

Kimmie said...

What a wonderful day...happy adoption celebration!

Dardi...you are beautiful. You are truly radiant in these pictures! Your smile is pure, your eyes are sparkling-your hair is shiny and so pretty.

thanks for sharing

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Addisyn said...

BEAUTIFUL family picture!! We did Build A Bear for our Gotcha Days too! Congratulations! Love, Amy