Friday, March 16, 2012

In Beijing

I had thought I might post once more before leaving for China. Umm, nope. This was still all over my bed the night before our departure (the suitcases were already overflowing, but the odds & ends kept reappearing).

I was quite nervous about the weight of our bags, especially when my handy luggage scale gave a reading of 27 lbs. for each bag. I knew something wasn't right, but by then I had no choice but to hope for the best. The limit for international flights is 50 lbs, but I needed them to be no more than 44 lbs. b/c of weight restrictions on in-China flights.

Airport weigh-in: Bag 1--43.5 lbs, Bag 2--41.5 lbs. Alrighty then.

Kade was a champ with the travel & suddenly seems very grown up.

We made it to Beijing & are doing a "home stay" (think bed & breakfast). Joy & Michael are sweet people, & they are cooking us dinner right now. Tomorrow we will go to the Great Wall.

Please continue to pray for us, especially Kade as he's feeling a bit under the weather right now. I'm hoping after a night of sleeping in a bed we'll both feel refreshed & ready to go. I'm trying to enjoy each moment as we keep taking steps toward meeting our little girl (3 days, in case you're wondering!).

3 comments:

Sharon said...

SUPER excited for you!

Beijingbee said...

So excited for you. Tell Joy & Michael that Sandy & Steve said, Hi and Qiuwen is doing great!

Jami said...

Awesome!!! So excited!