Wednesday, November 14, 2012

thankful {day 14...the half that makes me whole}

I've already mentioned before that I am thankful for my husband & the hard work he does.  But today, I am thankful for all that he is in our marriage.  We are a team in all things...the good, the bad, & the ugly.  We embarrass our children with our smooching in the kitchen, & on the days we may not like each other, we choose to love each other.  We share our hopes, dreams, disappointments, & hurts, & I am thankful.

This all comes up today because Joe is coming home after being gone over a week.  While I am perfectly capable of running things (I even changed the smoke detector batteries!), I realize just how much I appreciate knowing we can count on each other & live life together.  Today, I took all 4 little ones to Kade's basketball scrimmage.  Again, I am perfectly capable & we got along just fine, but I missed being there with my husband.  We so enjoy watching our children in their activities together, & his presence would have been especially helpful when Kendi's beautiful, loud voice announced to all present that she needed to go POTTY!   Speaking of Her Highness...


And Miss Thing, too....


This is actually at the basketball scrimmage.  The stage in the auditorium is also the basketball court, so we chose the front corner where the floor isn't sloped & we were close to the doors to the hallway/bathroom.  These girlies held their own...between coloring, potty trips, & hollering (loudly) for the team, it was a busy day!


Praying Joe arrives home safely so we can get back to the business of being a team.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Love this one, Dardi! I can relate...it's been a week without Daddy around here except for a few hours of sleeping-I miss him!

Rebecca said...

I hear ya!!! Yay for great husbands!!!