Friday, November 2, 2012

thankful {day 2}

It's not yet noon, & I have already found myself thankful for a couple of things.  First, I am thankful for my husband & his willingness to work hard to provide for our family.  I am also thankful that while he works outside the home, he is always validating my position as a stay-home mom.  This morning while I was running the boys to school, he was tidying up the kitchen so I wouldn't have to face that first thing.  We are a team in all things, & I truly am thankful, especially when I am feeling a bit under the weather.

Which brings me to the other thing I am thankful for.  We have had "the yuck" going through the house, & it finally caught me.  While I am not a fan of a sore throat & stuffy head, I found myself feeling very thankful for our very low-key morning.  The girls are still in their jammies, we have nowhere to go, & they seem to know Mommy isn't feeling great.  I am thankful for time to just sit.  Literally.  I was just sitting on the floor, & pretty soon I had 3 little girls brushing my hair.  LOVE having my hair brushed.  Kaya & Kendi began pretending to go to the store for me, but Kemeri felt there was more tending to Mommy to be done.  Bless her heart, she was covering me, "wiping" my nose, doing my nails, & more hair brushing.



I am reminded that God works for good in all things, even a crappy cold.

No comments: