Sunday, November 25, 2012

thankful {day 25...tradition}

Today, I am thankful for my family & the traditions we have developed.  In particular, I am thankful for our annual outing to the Christmas Tree Farm where we take a wagon ride out into the field to cut down our Christmas tree.  It is truly one of my most favorite things we do together!


 
So here's the thing....every year, we eyeball those trees & pick one that looks perfect.  Problem is, we get it home only to find out that we have to cut off at least a foot so it fits in the living room.  Every.Single.Year.  So this year, Mommy got smart & took along a tape measure.  People thought I was kinda funny, but guess what?  The tree is the perfect height!
 
 
My little oompa-loompas, but it gets so windy at this farm, & it was cold anyway!  So, they were warm oompa-loompas. :o)

 
Kade was eaten by caught the tree.

 
 
 
Kemeri took awhile to decide what she thought of this tradition, but she finally came around.
 
 
Somehow, Ella got to tag along.  I think in this picture, she caught sight of the huge horse team & was trying to pull Kyler in that direction, thinking they were just new friends.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
I really am thankful for this tradition.  I am realizing that traditions are comforting because they are intentional moments for making unique memories with those we love the most.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

We, too, love our annual trip to the tree farm. I was hoping to go this weekend, but finances are so tight that we have to wait until our next paycheck. :( Maybe we can still get out the rest of our Christmas decorations to make the house festive.

Hope your weekend is BLESSED!

Laurel :)